Planning a family holiday? Looking for a tour that lets both adults and kids have fun? Look no further. ProVacation brings you an exciting Thailand Family Funventure Tour that gives your typical family holiday a fun new spin. We will be visiting some of the best known theme parks and animal shows in Bangkok over a ‘funtastic’ four days. Next, we’ll head to Pattaya and explore two beautiful and secluded islands for a taste of beach life. The itinerary has been especially designed to suit the requirements of families travelling with young children. There are plenty of rest stops in between each activity and the itinerary can be further customised on request. On this tour, there’s something to do for everybody. Feed the giraffes at Safari World, experience the adrenaline rush of a roller coaster ride at Dream World, watch the visual extravaganza of Thailand’s most spectacular stage show, go snorkelling in the pristine waters of Coral Island, experience the quiet languor of island life at Koh Si Chang, away from the hustle bustle of tourists. We want you to have the perfect trip for your family. So call us to discuss any changes you would like to the trip and we’ll be happy to help.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Bangkok, Pattaya
- Airport transfers and all local transport
- All meals as specified in itinerary
- All local permits, ferry transfers
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals not specified in itinerary
- Any additional services like massage, babysitting
- Travel insurance (if any)
- Air travel
- Enjoy a day trip to Siam Ocean World
- Experience the grandeur of Thailand’s largest stage show at Siam Niramit
- Embrace your wild side on a day trip to Safari World
- Get your adrenaline pumping with rides, animal shows and more at Dream World
- Try snorkelling, parasailing, jet skiing at Coral Island
- Discover historical relics and temples of Koh Si Chang
- Arrive in Bangkok in the afternoon where a luxury SUV will pick you up from the airport. Drive to your hotel in downtown Bangkok and after a quick check-in enjoy tea and light refreshments. The first day of the tour is for you to spend as you like. Explore the city or enjoy some of the hotel amenities like a swim or a spa treatment. An international buffet spread awaits you at dinner and after this you can retire to your rooms for the night. Today’s itinerary is meant for you to relax and settle in and specially caters to families with young children.
- Rise and shine! Today we journey deep under water to explore a fascinating world that exists below the ocean. Have a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and then drive to the bustling retail hub of Siam Paragon, in the heart of Bangkok. Our first stop is Bangkok Ocean World, one of the best known attractions of the city and home to a massive array of exotic marine life from around the world. Ocean World is spread across a massive 10000 sq. m. and its aquarium holds a whopping 4 million litres of water. To put it in perspective that’s the size of two football fields with water equivalent to 3 Olympic- sized pools! Walk through an acrylic underwater tunnel with a 270˚ view. The kids will love watching schools of fishes and larger sea creatures swimming all around them as you take pictures. Enjoy over 60 different animal displays spread over 7 different zones and then walk over to the spectacular 5D Cinema Extreme show. This is an entertainment extravaganza with a unique combination of sights, sounds and sensations designed to get your adrenaline pumping! After that exciting show, head over to one of the restaurants in Ocean World for lunch. This is a good time for children to get some rest for the next set of activities. Post lunch, we move to the special show of the day. This keeps changing from time to time and includes feeding sharks and Eagle Rays, penguins, otters and other sea creatures. Finally, we return to your hotel in the late afternoon. Enjoy tea and refreshments and spend the rest of the day at leisure before we pick you up for the evening’s activities. Siam Niramit is one of the biggest and most spectacular stage shows in the world. Be treated to a theatrical spectacle as over 100 performers depict the history of Thailand through colourful lights, sets, dance and music. This is followed by a lavish dinner buffet at the end of which we return to the hotel.
- Get ready to embrace your wild side as we set off for a full day’s trip to Safari World. This is Thailand’s largest theme park and open zoo with hundreds of animals, birds, and sea creatures from around the world. Enjoy a thrilling safari ride through a specially designed setting of African wilderness and watch herds of giraffes walking alongside your car! Zebras, antelopes, gazelles, rhinos thrive in this open air zoo with over 480 acres of land to roam around. You can keep your windows down to get a better shot on your camera, as long as you don’t step out of the vehicle. There is a palpable shift in mood as the car moves into the carnivore enclosure. Metal gates open into the area where tigers, Himalayan black bears and other predators are kept. Your doors and windows have to be carefully fastened at all times while in the predators’ enclosure. The best time to see the lions is in the morning when they are fed. The Marine Park is another zone that is a combination of a traditional zoo and a theme park. You can enjoy several entertaining animal shows here. Kids love the dolphin show and the funny orang utan Thai boxing show! We will stop in between to have lunch at a restaurant inside the park. Post lunch it’s back to some of the other attractions like a western-style cowboy stunt show or a Hollywood-style ‘Spy War’ show with loud explosions and lights. The ultimate attraction for kids is feeding the giraffes. Make sure to take lots of pictures as these gentle creatures bend their long necks to take a banana from your child’s hands. Children also enjoy visiting the crocodile garden and seeing these big scaly reptiles napping by the pool looking like big logs of wood. After this it’s back to the hotel for an evening of well-earned rest and relaxation.
- Today’s adventure takes us to the outskirts of Bangkok into the spectacular Dream World theme park. This is a proper treat for both children and adults with something to do for everyone. The park is divided into three zones: Adventure Land, Dream Garden and Fantasy Land. Enjoy the adrenaline rush of a roller coaster ride, drive bumper cars, ride a Viking boat or check out the spooky Haunted Mansion, guaranteed to give you chills! The Fantasy Land is as magical as its name where children can take a peek inside Sleeping Beauty’s castle, climb up Jack’s beanstalk to the giant’s mansion, visit the charmed pond where the frog turns into a prince and have a look at Cinderella’s pumpkin carriage. There lots of water activities too, ideal for a hot day. Try riding the waves at the Super Splash or tackling white water rapids at a model replica of the Grand Canyon. Younger children enjoy taking the monorail ride around Adventure Land as well as the different cartoon characters that parade around the park on weekends and public holidays. Older kids have a blast on the go-kart track and show off their driving skills. These are just some of the attractions at Dream World with several others to catch your fancy. We will stop at one of the onsite restaurants at the park where you can enjoy a delicious lunch as well as catch your breath before continuing with more fun rides and activities. There is also a souvenir shop where you can buy gifts for friends and family back home. After a full day’s outing at the theme park, we return to the hotel in the evening.
- Get an early start to the day as we leave Bangkok and head to the vibrant city of Pattaya. The drive takes about 21/2 half hours (depending on traffic) and we reach Pattaya well before noon. After a quick check- in at the hotel we drive out to the pier and then take a 45-minute ferry ride to Coral Island. Also known by its Thai name Koh Larn, Coral Island is a beautiful secluded island ringed with white sand beaches and clear turquoise sea. Just 7 kilometres to the west of Pattaya beach Koh Larn is a great spot for a day trip to catch some sun, sea and sand. Choose from a number of exciting water sports like snorkelling, jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat riding or simply swimming. After your exertions in the water, lounge out on a beach chair under the cool shade of an umbrella and enjoy a cocktail as you watch the waves. This is a great day out for children of all ages. They can play in the sea or on the beach. Lunch is a Thai buffet at a lovely open- air restaurant on the coast. After spending the whole afternoon on the island, we return by ferry to Pattaya. The rest of the evening can be sent at leisure.
- Our island adventure takes us to Koh Si Chang today. The transfer to the island will take about 30 minutes. This picturesque island is home to some interesting temples and historical landmarks in addition to some quiet beaches and water sports. The itinerary for the day is flexible so you can choose the number of places you want to visit on the island. Families travelling with younger children usually find this to be a more comfortable way of exploring the island at their own pace. The biggest beach of Koh Si Chang is Tham Phang on the west coast. You can lounge out on deck chairs under the shade of parasols and just soak in the sun. Take a walk to the interior of Koh Si Chang that houses the Wat Tham Yai Prik temple with its Yellow Buddha. A stairway leads to the main temple building perched on top of a hill and with stunning views of the coastline. On the east coast of the island is the summer palace of former King Chulalongkorn. The original building made of teak wood was dismantled and rebuilt at Bangkok’s Dusit Palace. However large portions of the palace remain intact. The summer palace has extensive parks with ponds and a walkway that leads to the seaside. You can enjoy a leisurely stroll on the place grounds and then return to the beach for a Thai lunch at a local restaurant. After spending the afternoon swimming, snorkelling or relaxing on the beach, we make our way back to Pattaya. This is the last night of your tour and you are free to spend it as you choose. This is a good time to get some last minute shopping done. Pattaya City is lined with souvenir shops and vibrant local stores with some great deals but make sure to hone your bargaining skills before you go! The evening ends with dinner at the hotel.
- Have an early breakfast at the hotel and leave for Bangkok. As before the drive will take a little over 2 hours depending on traffic and we aim to reach Bangkok by noon. Take in the views of the Thai countryside and the huge expanse of the sea in the distance. Our car will drop you off at the airport where the tour comes to an end and you can continue your onward journey.