The capital city of Bangkok is a pulsating hub of shops, restaurants, entertainment and a flurry of tourists jostling around from one attraction to another. Bangkok is the gateway to some of the most popular destinations in Thailand and our first port of call on this tour. Take a boat ride through a fascinating labyrinth of waterways in the city crossing old stilted houses in the Venice of the East. Enjoy a fun master class with a local chef and learn how to stir up your favourite Thai curries. Marvel at the architecture in the old capital of Ayutthaya where ancient relics stand as testament to their illustrious past. After the exuberance of Bangkok, enjoy a private island retreat at Koh Munnork for two blissful days of white-sand beaches, pristine waters and glorious sunshine. This is your private Heaven on Earth that you can savour in peace without the distraction of a noisy crowd. Our 6- day tour of Bangkok lets you experience something new every day. It is the ideal holiday for those who like variety and enjoy off the beaten track experiences. We promise history, art, gastronomy and the tropical luxury of life on an island.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Bangkok and 2N/3D in Koh Munnork
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (breakfast and lunch at Koh Munnork)
- All local transfers including car and boat journeys
- Airport transfers in premier sedan/SUV
- Complimentary mineral water bottles in cars
- Local sightseeing (as specified in itinerary)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses like shopping
- Any food/beverage not specified in itinerary including alcohol and personal snacks
- Any activity/recreation not specified in itinerary including scuba diving, massage etc.
- Personal insurance
- Cruise on Chao Praya River
- Visit to Temple of Dawn
- Visit to Ayutthaya
- Cooking master class and home dining in Bangkok
- Visit and stay at private island resort in Koh Munnork
- We begin our Bangkok discovery with an unconventional tour. The bustling city has many intriguing surprises lurking around its corners and we want you to experience something new and different from your first day here. After your arrival in the city, our car will pick you up from the airport and bring you to your hotel in downtown Bangkok. Check-in to your rooms and freshen up before enjoying a delectable buffet lunch of Thai dishes. After this, we begin our city tour by boat. Enjoy a leisurely cruise on the Chao Praya River as you take in the many interesting sights of life by the klongs or canals of Thonburi. This was the ancient capital of Siam and is home to many relics of its glorious past including imposing temples with intricate architecture. In the olden days, Bangkokians mostly lived on the water and the city was called the Venice of the East. Get a fascinating glimpse into this old way of life as we sail past the stilted houses of locals on the water. En route, we will stop to visit Wat Arun, one of the best known Buddhist temples of Thailand located on the Chao Praya. Wat Arun, known as the Temple of Dawn is made of colourful spires and is an iconic riverside structure in Bangkok. We return to the hotel for an evening of leisure and relaxation. Treat yourself to a traditional Thai massage or enjoy the hotel’s various other amenities. The night ends with a buffet dinner at the hotel.
- Today’s tour takes us on a journey back in time to the ancient capital city of Ayutthaya. Locat ed 76 kilometres to the north of Bangkok, Ayutthaya remained the illustrious capital of Thailand for over 400 years before the Burmese army laid siege to it in 1767. Wat Sri Sanphet is first on our itinerary- an imposing monastery that was once used as the royal residence of King Ramadhipodi I. Wat Phananchoeng is another of the city’s landmarks. The ancient temple houses a 19- metre tall Buddha made of stucco held sacred by the citizens of Ayutthaya. We will also stop at the sites of Wat Mahathad, famous for a large Buddha head entwined in tree roots; and Wat Yai Chaimongkhol with one of the largest chedis in Thailand. After this, we head over to a rice barge, converted into a floating restaurant for an enjoyable cruise along the river. Enjoy a sumptuous lunch on board as we take in the wondrous sights of the old city along the river bank. The one a half hour long cruise brings us to the former royal summer palace of Bang-Pa-In, a fine specimen of Thai architecture before returning to Bangkok by car. You can spend the rest of the day exploring the city and its colourful local markets.
- Today’s tour is a treat for epicureans interested to learn more about the exotic cuisine of Thailand. Thai food is one of the most popular cuisines around the world favoured for its delicate flavours and aromatic blend of spices and herbs. You will join a local chef for a day of shopping, cooking and feasting on authentic Thai dishes, in her professional kitchen. Meet your friendly chef at the local market to pick up the freshest vegetables and meat. With your shopping bags full, head out to her home- kitchen from where she runs her restaurant. Now it’s time for your master class. Peel, slice, chop, sauté and learn how to cook some of Thailand’s best known dishes. How would you like to stir up your very own bowl of pad thai with juicy prawns fresh from the sea? Or an aromatic red curry with a slow cooked duck and vegetables? This fun cook-along is a great way of picking up some exotic recipes that you can use to wow your friends and family back home. It’s also a lovely way of getting to know the local culture of the city. Your chef can tell you about her family’s cooking traditions and share her experiences of living in Thailand. At the end of the master class you can sample the fruits of your labour along with some locally brewed beer before returning to the hotel.
- The second leg of our tour starts today. After breakfast, we drive to the city of Rayong on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand. Here, we board a boat at Laen Tarm pier and sail to the beautiful private island of Koh Munnork. This is the only private island beach resort in Thailand and the ideal getaway for those who want to avoid crowds of tourists. Enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival at your hotel before checking into your bungalow room. From this point on, it’s two days of uninterrupted pleasure and relaxation. There is no fixed itinerary and you are free to do as you choose. Swim or snorkel in the pristine waters of the sea; enjoy a drink on the white-sand beach, take leisurely walks around the island and feast on the varied gastronomical delights from the resort’s kitchen. This island retreat is perfect for honeymooners, offering the best of beach life without the ensuing crowds.
- Your beach holiday continues today in the same languid pace. After a leisurely breakfast at the hotel you have the rest of the day to spend however you like. The resort minimises its use of water and electricity to reduce its carbon footprint and promotes responsible tourism in Klaeng Bay that respects the local community. There are just 23 bungalows at the resort which ensures plenty of privacy for guests. Explore the pristine property and its surrounding forest. Try scuba diving or swimming in the sea or enjoy the company of a good book in this idyllic setting. You can take a boat ride to the nearby island of Koh Samet and return to Munnork in the evening for a delicious barbeque- style dinner on the beach.
- On the final day of the tour, take the morning to enjoy the last few hours on your private island. It’s hard to say goodbye to this tropical paradise so get your heart’s fill of its beach, sea and waves before it’s time to leave. Have breakfast at the hotel before we take a boat ride to Laem Tarn pier in Rayong. Disembark here and drive to the airport in Bangkok where your tour comes to an end.